Introductory Workshop to LaTeX
Installing a LaTeX System
- Follow the steps in this MikTeX installation guide.
- You’ll want to go with TeXLive. Easiest way is to use your distro’s package manager (yum on Fedora, synaptec on Debian/Ubuntu, etc) to download and install it.
- Mac OS X (Leopard and above)
- Get MacTeX, which is based on TeXLive. If download speed is a concern, get BasicTeX instead for a minimal working system, which already enables you to do quite a bit of work. You can install all the other packages separately later.
Download materials presented during the workshop:
- Presentation Slides
- Worksheet sample code (.tex)
- MiKTeX Download Page
- MiKTeX FAQ
- The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2ε (Run mthelp --view lshort to access local copy on Windows)
- LaTeX Wikibook (Very good book!)
- Getting to grips with LaTeX
- Malaysian LaTeX Users Group Blog (I'm one of the authors)
- LaTeX: Beautiful Typesetting (My own page on LaTeX)
- The TeX Users Group
- The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN)